The Town of Cohocton recognizes the value of public comment on Town issues and matters of public interest. In order to permit the fair and orderly expression of public comment, the following rules shall govern and will be administered by the Town Supervisor or presiding officer. Please note that the public comment period is a time for community members to ask questions, present petitions, or make statements regarding either the evening's agenda or a particular issue or concern. The Town Board will take such issues under advisement. If necessary, the community member will be contacted for follow-up.
1. Prior to making your comment please state your name for the record and if applicable identify any group or organization you represent.
2. Comments are limited to three (3) minutes or less per speaker. A speaker may not yield his/her time to another speaker in order to extend the time for comment.
3. Speak clearly and loudly enough for everyone in the room to hear you.
4. No speaker may comment on or identify any particular employee by name or situation in his/her comments.
5. All comments are to be directed to the Town Supervisor or designee.
6. Speakers on different topics will be recognized before a repeat of topics.
Handouts and/or petitions are to be given only to the Town Clerk for distribution to the Town Board. The Town Board will receive and consider all written comments.